UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced via our Facebook page.
You may have heard about the recent “Facebook burglaries.” Using the world”s most popular social network, a group of thieves allegedly went on spree that raked in over $100,000 in stolen goods.
A little reporting on the crimes revealed that two of the cases in the spree involved Facebook. In those cases, the perpetrators had “friended” their targets, gaining access to the homeowners’ wall posts.
A PR rep from Facebook offered this advice: If you wouldn’t tell someone in person that you are leaving town, you probably shouldn’t use Facebook to tell him or her.
In real life, you don’t make friends with anyone who comes along, and you don’t share your travel plans with strangers. People do things online that they would NEVER do in the real world.
That’s why over the next 6 weeks we’re going to be reminding you of some smart online safety practices and celebrating the launch of F-Secure Internet Security 2011.
Just answer the question below on the comments of this post and you’ll be entered to win an incredible HD HERO Naked wearable camera for you PLUS F-Secure Internet Security 2011 for you and a friend. You can see the complete rules for this giveaway here.
Here’s the question for week #1: Where in the real world are you?
We don’t want to know your exact location right now because you’re too smart to reveal your exact location to complete strangers. Just give us an idea. You can tell us which planet, hemisphere, continent, country, state, province, city or neighborhood you spend most of your time. To make it easy, you can post a link to a picture that answers the question.
Again, once you’ve read the rules, all you have to do to for your chance to win is to comment on this post. Good luck!
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #1 – COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 6:00 PM PDT on September 19, 2010 and end at 6:00 PM PDT September 26, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 3 prizes a HD Hero Naked camera with a retail value of $259.99 and 2 F-Secure Internet Security licenses with a retail value of $119.98 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only one (1) entry, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes Week #1 “. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 30 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/09/19/get-real-sweepstakes-1/ and comment on the post. To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
12. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with accidents, terrorism, theft, natural disaster, the promotion of the Get Real Sweepstakes, the distribution of any prize, entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the Get Real Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
13. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
CC image by woodley wonderworks.
The recent proposed revisions to U.S. privacy laws, viewed by many as a giant slap…
April 20, 2017