UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced via our Facebook page.
Imagine this: You have one key for every lock.
So this one key opens your front door, your back door, your car door, your storage locker, your safe deposit box… Sounds convenient, doesn’t it? Imagine how much time would save not having to fuss around for the right key when you’re coming home late in the dark.
But what if a thief got a hold of that one precious key? Everything you own would be at risk, which is why no one uses the 1-key solution for home security.
However, 1 out of 5 Internet users in Germany, Sweden and the UK use the same password for every online account from e-mail to credit cards to online banking. It’s convenient but it’s not smart
People do things online that they’d never do in the real world. A strong, unique password for every important account is crucial for your Internet security. That’s why we recommend this simple system to create and remember strong passwords.
That leads us to the question for this week’s giveaway: What is the worst password you have ever used?
Post your answer in the comments of this post for your chance to win an iPod touch 8 GB. Make sure you read the rules to this giveaway and please be sure not to post a password you’re still using.
You can subscribe to our RSS feed to be reminded of next week’s giveaway.
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #2- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 6:00 PM PDT on September 26, 2010 and end at 6:00 PM PDT October 3, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 3 prizes a iPod touch 8GB with a retail value of $229.99 and 2 F-Secure Internet Security licenses with a retail value of $119.98 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only one (1) entry, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes Week #2 “. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 30 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/09/24/get-real-sweepstakes-week-2/ and comment on the post. To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
12. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with accidents, terrorism, theft, natural disaster, the promotion of the Get Real Sweepstakes, the distribution of any prize, entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the Get Real Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
13. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The first known use of the term "trick or treat" was found in a November…
October 21, 2016
Cyber security is playing an starring role in the drama surrounding the question of who will…
October 13, 2016