UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced. Like our Facebook page for more giveaways and online safety tips.
We’re happy to say that Safe and Savvy has been named a winner of a 2010 Top Blog Award.
We’ve been blogging for less than a year. In that time, we’ve talked about quitting Facebook and what to do if you stay. We’ve covered the best methods for backing up your content and how to make sure your web cam isn’t spying on you. And we’ve told you about what happens when you get robbed in the World of Warcraft and how to find out if you have a cyberstalker.
And we always want to hear from you, which leads to…
This week’s question is: What online safety or security question would you like see us blog about? If you can’t think of one, you can just tell us about a Safe and Savvy post that you’ve appreciated.
Just read the rules and post your answer in the comments. This week’s winner will receive an iPod touch 8 GB plus F-Secure Internet Security for your whole family (up to 5 members).
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #7- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 6:00 PM PDT on October 31, 2010 and end at 6:00 PM PDT November 7, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 6 prizes a iPod touch with a retail value of $229.99 and 5 F-Secure Internet Security licenses with a retail value of $299.95 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only two (2) entries, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Each comment posted constitutes an entry. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes: Week #7“. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 30 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/10/23/get-real-sweepstakes-week-7/ and comment on the post once or twice. To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
13. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with accidents, terrorism, theft, natural disaster, the promotion of the Get Real Sweepstakes, the distribution of any prize, entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the Get Real Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
14. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
F-Secure invites our fellows to share their expertise and insights. For more posts by Fennel, click…
April 18, 2018
The absence of regulation is what has resulted in the innovation of software we see today.…
September 13, 2017