UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced. Like our Facebook page for more giveaways and online safety tips.
I’m still worried about my friend John. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a little bit of himself for strangers to find and exploit. Take John’s recent trip to Stockholm, for instance.
Why am I so afraid for John? Identity Theft. I’m afraid someone is going to pretend to be John and get him in a lot of trouble. And frankly, John does enough of that himself.
But John won’t listen. Maybe it’s because the term “Identity Theft” is vague. The whole reason you worry about someone damaging your identity is because unless you have surgery or access to incredible forgeries, you will always be you.
When most people talk aboutIdentity Theft, they usually mean simple credit card fraud—someone using your financial details to illegally buy property. But there are many kinds of Identity Theft. Someone can pose as you to commit a crime or to get prescription. Your online identity could be hijacked to harm your personal brand. Loans can be applied for in your name. The possibilities are only limited by a criminal’s imagination.
So, we want to know: What does Identity Theft mean to you? What is the most irreplaceable aspect of your identity?
Read the rules and post your answer on the comments below for your chance to win Flip Ultra HD 8 GBcamera and F-Secure Internet Security 2011, which will help protect your identity.
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #8- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 6:00 PM PDT on November 7, 2010 and end at 12:00 PM PDT November 15, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 2 prizes, a Flip Ultra HD 8 GB with a retail value of $199.99 and 1 F-Secure Internet Security licenses with a retail value of $59.99 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only one (1) entry, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Each comment posted constitutes an entry. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes: Week #8“. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 30 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/11/07/get-real-sweepstakes-week-8/ and comment on the post once To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
13. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with accidents, terrorism, theft, natural disaster, the promotion of the Get Real Sweepstakes, the distribution of any prize, entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the Get Real Sweepstakes, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
14. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
So what happens when you put the President of Finland, the Commander in Chief, the…
June 21, 2018
Twitter urged all 336 million of its members to change their passwords in early May…
May 21, 2018