UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced. LIKE our Facebook page for more giveaways and online safety tips.
Online shopping sets a new record every year, and 2010 will be no exception. For millions of people, holiday shopping begins by going to their favorite search engine and typing in the name of the first gift on their list.
Unfortunately, the more popular a gift is, the more likely it is to lead to asearch engine optimization (SEO) attack. At a quick glance, these poisoned results look like every other search result. They promise to deliver you the gift you need at the price you want. But instead they lead you to malicious web pages that can easily infect an unprotected PC.
You can help prevent a cyber criminal from spoiling your holidays before the fun even begins by following these quick tips:
You should also be especially careful when searching for the most popular gifts of the season, which leads to this week’s question: Which gift do you think will be the most popular (thus the most dangerous) this holiday season?
Good luck and safe shopping to all,
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #9- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 12:00 PM PDT on November 15, 2010 and end at 12:00 PM PDT November 22, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 2 prizes, iPod touch 8 GB with a retail value of $229.99 and 1 F-Secure Internet Security license with a retail value of $59.99 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only two (2) entries, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Each comment posted constitutes an entry. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes: Week #9“. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 30 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/11/12/get-real-sweepstakes-week-9/ and comment on the post once To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
13. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with i) the distribution of any prize, ii) entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the campaign, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
14. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The first known use of the term "trick or treat" was found in a November…
October 21, 2016
Cyber security is playing an starring role in the drama surrounding the question of who will…
October 13, 2016