UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced. LIKE our Facebook page for more giveaways and online safety tips.
Have you ever searched for own name using Google Images?
You may be surprised what you find.
If you are on Facebook (and haven’t opted out of public search; see #6 here), Last.fm or other web communities, your profile pictures may appear in the Images search results.
And there will probably be other pictures you’ve forgotten, or would like to forget. Maybe your name appeared in a newspaper once, or on the website of your sports club, or you used to play in a band that you’d very much like to forget… The photos might still be there just waiting to be seen by everyone who knows your name.
Some call searching your own name “egosurfing”. But in a world where employers often check your online presence before making hiring decisions (except in Finland where Googling job applicants or employees is illegal), knowing what Google thinks about you is important. You can’t do much to influence these search results, but there are a few things you can do to get Google out of your life—including un-Googling yourself.
That leads to this week’s question:
What’s the most horrible picture of yourself you ever found online? You don’t have to link it here, of course ;-). But describe in which situation it was taken.
BONUS ENTRY: You’re eligible for an extra entry. Complete this quick survey about online shopping Safety and then post “Survey completed” in an ADDITIONAL comment for another chance to win. If you completed the shopping survey last, you’re still eligible for an extra entry this week.
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #10- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 12:00 PM PDT on November 22, 2010 and end at 12:00 PM PDT November 29, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 2 prizes, iPod touch 8 GB with a retail value of $229.99 and 1 F-Secure Internet Security license with a retail value of $59.99 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only two (2) entries, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Each comment posted constitutes an entry. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes: Week #10“. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 45 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/11/22/get-real-sweepstakes-week-10/ and comment on the post once To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
13. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with i) the distribution of any prize, ii) entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the campaign, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
14. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
If you woke up from a ten-year long nap this morning, you might be surprised…
July 26, 2017
Things used to be a lot simpler. When consumer internet first became mainstream in the…
July 18, 2017