UPDATE: This sweepstakes is now closed. The winner will be contacted and then announced. LIKE our Facebook page for more giveaways and online safety tips.
Cyber Monday sparks the beginning of the holiday online shopping season. Since 2005, the Monday after Black Friday in the United States has become recognized as the day when the most people shop online. And this is no secret to cybercriminals who continue to target overeager shoppers.
Every year the most desired gifts become lures criminals use to trick us into scams and malware. That’s why a couple of weeks ago we asked you which gifts you believe will be most popular this year.
Here are the gifts you said will be most popular/dangerous this year:
Be extra careful when searching for these extra hot gifts. Here are 7 other online safety tips that you should read before you start any online shopping spree.
One reason we are more vulnerable to online scams during the holidays is because we’re in such a hurry. In fact, that’s why Cyber Monday is so huge—millions of people sneak their shopping in while at work. And many of us are stressed because we’re shopping for so many people.
This week’s question is: How many people are you shopping for this year?
BONUS ENTRY: You’re eligible for an extra entry. Complete this quick survey about online shopping and then post “Survey completed” in an ADDITIONAL comment for another chance to win. If you completed the shopping survey already, you’re still eligible for an extra entry this week if you post the additional comment.
CC image created by Don Hankins.
F-Secure Internet Security 2011
GET REAL SWEEPSTAKES WEEK #11- COMPETITION RULES AND PRIZES
If you do not accept these rules, please do not enter this promotion.
1. The sponsor of this promotion is F-Secure Corporation, located at Tammasaarenkatu 7, Po. Box 24, 00181 Helsinki, Finland (“Sponsor”).
2. The promotion will begin at 12:00 PM PDT on November 29, 2010 and end at 12:00 PM PDT December 6, 2010.
3. This promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. 2 prizes, iPod touch 8 GB with a retail value of $229.99 and 1 F-Secure Internet Security license with a retail value of $59.99 will be given as prizes in this promotion at the close of the competition.
5. Only two (2) entries, per person per Sweepstakes will be accepted. Each comment posted constitutes an entry. Further attempts made by the same person and entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified.
6. The winner will be chosen randomly from the people who participated in the competition by commenting on the “Get Real Sweepstakes: Week #11“. Sponsor will notify the winner via email. If the winner does not respond within seven (7) days, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly chosen. This prize is shipped to the winner within 45 days of the promotion closing date.
7. The winners are responsible for any taxes associated with receipt of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes with other prizes of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
8. Odds of winning the prizes depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
9. No purchase or software download is necessary to enter or win. Purchase or software download will not increase your chances of winning.
10. To enter, visit https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/2010/11/29/get-real-sweepstakes-week-11/ and comment on the post once or twice. To comment you must provide your email address, which will not be made public. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Comments made be edited by F-Secure without explanation.
11. Any entrant who attempts to cheat or tamper with the Get Real Sweepstakes shall be disqualified by the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
12. The name of the winner will be announced via the F-Secure Twitter channel http://twitter.com/FSecure, F-Secure Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FSecure and F-Secure’s Safe and Savvy blog https://safeandsavvy.f-secure.com/ once the winner has been contacted. By entering, the entrant agrees that his/her name, country and/or picture can be published at F-Secure’s aforementioned channels if he/she wins.
13. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its representatives from and against any and all costs, expenses, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, actions and/or liabilities for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with i) the distribution of any prize, ii) entrants’ participation in and/or entry into the campaign, acceptance or use of any prize or unavailability of any prize. Prizes are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind from the sponsor.
14. Employees of Sponsor and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter.
© 2010 F-SECURE CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
How good was the physical security at the press area provided by the Finnish Foreign…
July 19, 2018